Business Associate – Signature Theatre Company
WHO: Signature Theatre Company
SEEKING: Business Associate
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Process and submit weekly payroll to external payroll preparation company
• Data entry of weekly payroll into general ledger (QuickBooks)
• Monthly payroll bank reconciliations
• File Unemployment and Workers’ Comp insurance claims
• Prepare for and coordinate annual Workers’ Comp insurance audit
• Maintain Administrative Personnel files
• Maintain “Best Practices” policies
• Support recruitment of new staff
• Conduct onboard and exit interview procedures
• Administer fringe benefits, including health insurance, 401(k) and FSA plans
• Assist Finance Department with day to day banking and bookkeeping
• Reconcile contributed income, petty cash, and credit card activity
• Compile testing materials to prepare annual audit and 990 reporting
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Arts Management preferred or a strong combination of equivalent experience and a working knowledge of accounting. Interest in non-profit theatre is a must. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
Signature maintains a commitment to hiring individuals with a demonstrated ability to work effectively both formally and informally amongst a diversity of communities and cultures.
PAY: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, FSA and 401k plan.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume with salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Business Associate’ in the subject line. E.O.E. No phone calls please. For more information on Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org.
Keep your show organized with the Theatermaker's fool-proof management system
Improve your success rate for getting produced with daily strategy tips.Send me the system
As TheaterMakers get back to work, are you looking for a place to work?
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Guess what Broadway show is next to be filmed?
Annnnnnnd we got another one! Come From Away becomes the second…
Take The “Take Charge of your ’21” Challenge with me and these super TheaterMakers!
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
Need something done? Hire one of these TheaterMakers.
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
[UPDATED 2022] Are you a TheaterMaker with a Side Hustle? Let us help your hustle.
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
[REMINDER] 10 Days until Apps Due for the Dr. Kenny Encouragement Fund Scholarships
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.