WHO: Manhattan New Music Project
SEEKING: MNMP is seeking a Business Manager that will report to the Executive Director, and work closely with the Development Manager and program staff to coordinate and implement key operational functions for the organization in the areas of finance, office administration and benefits coordination.
Finance and Accounting
• Work with Board finance committee, executive director, and Development Manager to ensure MNMP’s long-term viability while minimizing costs
• Oversee accounting practices and processes of all transactions including billing, school purchase orders and deposits, managing receivables and payables.
• Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and teaching artists.
• Support Executive Director in budgeting process including budgets for annual operations, cash flows, grant budgets,
• Track and report quarterly financial status; provide directors regular financial statements.
• Monitor banking activities of the organization.
• Implement and monitor adequate financial controls.
• Update and monitor budget variance report through the year using actual revenues and expenses.
• Assist Executive Director and program staff with city, state, and federal government contracts
o Submit monthly expense reports as necessary
o Generate work orders and invoices to payables department
• Create and submit bi-weekly payroll files to Paychex (payroll company)
• Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs
• Oversee annual audit
• Liability Insurance – coordinate with Executive Director to ensure insurance limits and policies are current and generate certificates of insurance as needed
Benefits Coordination and Employee Relations
• Oversee the administration of employee benefits – health and dental plans, Transitchecks, and supplemental insurance for all employees
• Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
• Oversee administration of other benefits, such as unemployment and disability
• Preparing and facilitating the completion of required paperwork for new hires
• Manage HR files for teaching artists and administrative team
General Office Management
• Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds (computers, etc.)
• Liaise with office building superintendent, cleaning company and phone and technology consultants to keep office operations running smoothly
• Other office management duties as nee
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field; Master’s Degree and/ or advanced certificates preferred;
• Minimum of three years experience in accounting, cash management,
• Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel) and QuickBooks;
• Demonstrated experience managing public funds;
• Experience with the Dept. of Education is preferred
• Familiarity with both Windows and Mac operating systems;
• Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work in a faced-paced, collaborative environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Please e-mail a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Manager ” in the subject line
The theater is a collaborative art form. Even one-person shows…
WHO: Davenport Theatrical Enterprises POSITION: Advertising Sales Manager DESCRIPTION: Davenport Theatrical…
WHO: The New 42nd Street / The New Victory Theater…
WHO: The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey SEEKING: Marketing Associate…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.