Database Administrator- Jazz at Lincoln Center
WHO: Jazz at Lincoln Center
SEEKING: Database Administrator
• Optimize and enhance databases. Eliminate redundancies, analyze, consolidate and tune for optimal performance. Implement and maintain policies, procedures and standards to ensure security and integrity of test and production data
• Model and develop databases for new and existing applications. Determine requirements, create and update tables, develop and review stored procedures and queries.
• Oversee and perform database maintenance in production and test environments. Implement upgrades and patches. Troubleshoot connectivity, performance, security and front-end application issues
• Convert existing isolated data stores. Develop data conversion standards and design. Implement and document ETL processes
• Develop reports using SSRS, Crystal Reports, InfoMaker, and other reporting tools.
• Cross-train on database concepts, queries and maintenance procedures
• Bachelor’s degree plus at least 3 years relevant experience strongly preferred
• In-depth experience with Microsoft® SQL Server 2005 and/or 2008 and related tools such as DTS, SSIS, SSAS
• Experience with relational database design and implementation.
• Experience using SSRS, Crystal Reports, InfoMaker and/or similar SQL reporting software
• Familiarity with MS Sharepoint, Salesforce and other front-end applications. Experience with Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge or ArtsVision a plus
• Web technology experience required
• Performing arts and/or other non-profit experience a plus
• Passion and/or knowledge of Jazz a plus
HOW TO APPLY: If you believe your background and experience qualify you for consideration based on the criteria we’ve outlined, please send your resume and salary requirements to HR9@jalc.org. Please write “Database Administrator” in the subject line of your email.
Keep your show organized with the Theatermaker's fool-proof management system
Improve your success rate for getting produced with daily strategy tips.Send me the system
As TheaterMakers get back to work, are you looking for a place to work?
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Guess what Broadway show is next to be filmed?
Annnnnnnd we got another one! Come From Away becomes the second…
Take The “Take Charge of your ’21” Challenge with me and these super TheaterMakers!
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
Need something done? Hire one of these TheaterMakers.
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
[UPDATED 2022] Are you a TheaterMaker with a Side Hustle? Let us help your hustle.
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
[REMINDER] 10 Days until Apps Due for the Dr. Kenny Encouragement Fund Scholarships
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.