Development Assistant – Lark Play Development Center
WHO: Lark Play Development Center
SEEKING: Lark Play Development Center, an internationally-recognized theater laboratory and think tank based in New York City, seeks a DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT. This position supports the Development Manager who oversees Lark’s growing development/fundraising program currently raising $1.2 million annually. Fundraising is a central part of Lark’s mission, as we strive to economically free playwrights to write while creating a safe environment away from marketing pressures. This is an entry-level, part-time position and provides the opportunity to be part of a quickly growing and dynamic team and to “get your feet wet” in not-for-profit management in a unique theatre company.
Reports to: Development Manager
• Take notes at meetings/brainstorming session, capturing important language and synthesizing notes in preparation for grant proposals.
• Manage donation processing including database entry and generating acknowledgement letters
• Support current and prospective major donor tracking through regular updates to Donor Tracking Sheet & Database.
• Manage and conduct research on foundation and individual prospects
• Assist with logistics of major donor correspondence and special events.
• Support the generation and assembling of all annual appeal letters and appeal e-blasts.
• Create quarterly e-newsletter for donors and donor prospects.
• Prepare supplementary materials for grant proposals.
• Assist in all clerical tasks related to development including proofing, filing and copying letters and grant proposals.
• 2+ years working in an office environment, preferably in theater or non-profit
• Strong interest in fundraising and/or not-for-profit management
• Detail oriented and impeccable organizational skills
• Multi-tasker in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to synthesize information and cogently express ideas/themes gathered from brainstorming conversations
• Excellent typing skills in terms of accuracy and speed
• Team player who likes to work as part of a small, integrated staff
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience with databases highly desired
• Proficiency in online research
• High level of discretion in dealing with sensitive information
• Interest in new play development process a plus
• Excellent writing and editing skills desired
• Must be able to physically transport boxes/packages up to 30lbs.
WHEN: Job starts 6/1/2011
PAY: Salary: $24,000. Position is part-time (30 hours/ week).
NOTE: Lark is dedicated to promoting diversity in all areas of operation, and as such, applications are encouraged from persons of all races, genders, and backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls. http://www.larktheatre.org/getinvolved/jobs.htm.
Lark is an equal opportunity employer with no tolerance for discrimination on the basis of gender, race, color, age, creed, disability, national origin marital status or sexual orientation.
The theater is a collaborative art form. Even one-person shows…
WHO: Davenport Theatrical Enterprises POSITION: Advertising Sales Manager DESCRIPTION: Davenport Theatrical…
WHO: The New 42nd Street / The New Victory Theater…
WHO: The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey SEEKING: Marketing Associate…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.