Events Manager – Serino Coyne
WHO: Serino Coyne
Serino Coyne is a mid-sized full-service advertising agency specializing in entertainment and theater related accounts. We are part of the Omnicom Group Inc., a leading global communications company.
SEEKING: The EVENT MANAGER will execute various special events with an emphasis, initially, on Broadway opening nights, entertainment based galas and corporate functions. Working closely with the Senior Director of Events, the Event Manager will coordinate event details, develop and maintain relationships with clients, venues and vendors, manage budgets and keep all information regarding each event recorded and organized.
(Include, but are not limited to the following):
• Identify the client’s needs for each special event; be the liaison between the client and vendors
• Scout locations and recommend appropriate venues
• Make arrangements for designers, caterers and musicians and communicate information with press representatives, management teams, marketing teams and Producers as needed
• Maintain budgets, track all line items and disseminate information to appropriate parties
• Create event timelines and status reports; raise awareness on issues requiring escalation
• Negotiate promotional pricing
• Identify and implement sponsorship opportunities
• Manage staff ranging in size from 2-60 at events by providing orientation, an overview of function, placement and supervision; recruit staff for events, train new staff and maintain effective relationships for staffing future events
• Debrief with client and vendors post event to review and improve systems
• Inventory each event creating paperless files; maintain a history of all budgets, correspondence, collateral material, contacts and staffing for future reference and comparisons
• 5+ years of special events experience
• Background in/knowledge of theater, entertainment industry, and the performing arts
• For planning and budgets, strong math and Excel skills are essential
• Must be able to multi-task with accuracy and proficiency; proven effective organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Flexibility to work long hours as needed (including nights and some weekends)
• Strong computer skills in MS Office applications
• College Degree in relevant field
SUCCESS FACTORS: You are not easily overwhelmed by a large workload and can easily step right in by having the necessary speed and a sense of urgency when needed, as being organized comes naturally to you. You’re known for cultivating relationships, along with having a strong work ethic and outstanding customer service. Negotiating prices with vendors is second-nature. You will be a step ahead of the game by always knowing what needs to happen when, and for that reason, you will be the Sr. Director‘s most valued asset.
HOW TO APPLY: For consideration, a cover letter should be submitted along with your resume and salary requirements. Send information to: email@example.com. Please indicate job # EM in the subject line.
The theater is a collaborative art form. Even one-person shows…
WHO: Davenport Theatrical Enterprises POSITION: Advertising Sales Manager DESCRIPTION: Davenport Theatrical…
WHO: The New 42nd Street / The New Victory Theater…
WHO: The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey SEEKING: Marketing Associate…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.