Marketing and Audience Outreach Coordinator
Abingdon Theatre Company, going into its 20th Season, is dedicated to the development and production of new American Plays. The Marketing and Audience Outreach Coordinator is responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating results of all marketing for the company and individual productions, working to create a brand for the company, as well as cultivating new and more diverse audiences. Individual must be extremely well organized, be a team player and at the same time have the ability to work independently with little supervision, have prior marketing experience in the not-for-profit “arena”, and have a positive “take-charge” attitude. Must have knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (including Access, Excel and Word Perfect) and InDesign. Experience in graphic design a plus.
– Create and implement strategy to bring in new audience and groups.
– Maintain database with all single ticket buyers and subscriptions.
– Write, produce and distribute (Eblast or mail) Abingdon Subscriber Newsletter
– Write and send all E-blast as needed, using PatronMail.
– Oversee, write and design publications (print, email and web) for all productions and readings: postcards, flyers, e-blasts, ads, all programs, posters with outside graphic designer.
– Design and implement Season Guide with outside graphic designer.
– Oversee and coordinate all mailings with mailhouse.
– Analyze returns of all marketing mailings.
– Develop relationships with local business (selling Ad Space, creating mutually beneficial deals)
– Provide information and material on all productions, including Cast & Production staff information, play descriptions, times, dates, etc.
– Coordinate and schedule all photo shoots for all productions, for marketing and PR use.
– Work with press agency for all productions.
– Communicate with Press Agent as to updates on Press Invites/Reservations
– Create press packets with photo CD’s for media outlets.
– Handle other press in-house, as needed (i.e. benefits, readings, etc.)
– Maintain press files and theatre archives.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to Amanda Kate Joshi, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.