SEEKING: Marketing Associate for its 2012 Festival, which is scheduled from July 9-29, 2012. This
is a seasonal position running from January through mid-August.
The Marketing Associate will assist the Executive Director in planning and executing the
2012 Festival marketing plan, and will manage the Festival’s in-house communications
activities (including social media, graphic design, sponsorship and media partnerships).
This position is supervised by the Director of Development, supervises the Marketing
Intern, and works very closely with the Director of Operations, Director of Programming,
Executive Director, General Manager, and outside vendors, marketing partners and
RESPONSIBILITIES: Executing the 2012 Festival Marketing Plan:
• Scheduling and creating content for the NYMF website, e-newsletter, and social
media platforms, as well as promotional opportunities provided by external
• Managing the creation, execution, and scheduling of all print and online
advertisements, multimedia content, promotional materials for the 2012 Festival
• Managing the creation and distribution of the annual Festival Program Guide
• Adapting existing template designs for use in a variety of promotional contexts
• Soliciting marketing partnerships and advertisers for the 2012 Festival
• Supporting the marketing plans of individual participant shows
• Overseeing marketing events, in collaboration with our external press team
• Maintaining accurate records of all activities
• Supporting the Director of Development and the Executive Director in creating
sponsor solicitation materials and reports
• Assisting with sales and marketing for the 2012 Gala and other special events.
REQUIREMENTS: We are looking for a sales-oriented team player who is comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will be organized self-starters who possess strong written and verbal communications abilities, excellent attention to detail, and graphic design and web design skills.