Podcast Episode 17 – Liz Furze
It wasn’t too long ago that there were only two advertising agencies that serviced the bulk of Broadway shows.
Then Elizabeth Furze came to town.
“Liz” is the co-head of AKA Advertising‘s New York City office, having come up through the ranks at the company’s UK office (you’ll love her accent) and who sailed here a few years ago to try what so many others had tried, unsuccessfully . . . to set up a new shop in an industry that doesn’t like anything new.
Flash forward a few years, and AKA now reps a ton of shows including Matilda, Les Miserables, It’s Only A Play, Hand To God, and plenty more.
So yeah, she and partner-in-advertising-crime Scott Moore (who was the first Company Manager I ever assisted back in the day), know what the heck they are doing.
And on this podcast, Liz is gonna share some of that knowledge with you, like . . .
- Can a Tony Advertising Campaign really win a Tony? (Timely convo, considering the nominations are announced tomorrow!)
- The difference between advertising in the West End versus advertising on Broadway.
- Why print advertising can still be effective.
- What form of media may be dead in just five years (this will SHOCK you!).
- What she learned from being the new kid on the Broadway block.
- And more!
Advertising and marketing is what I spend most of my time on these days. And if you’re interested in the business side of Broadway, it’s what you’ll spend most of your time on as well.
So do yourself a favor and take a few moments to listen to Liz.
ESTIMATED LISTENING TIME OF THIS EPISODE: 9 Minutes LISTEN…
ESTIMATED LISTENING TIME OF THIS EPISODE: 10 Minutes LISTEN…
ESTIMATED LISTENING TIME OF THIS EPISODE: 5 Minutes LISTEN…
ESTIMATED LISTENING TIME OF THIS EPISODE: 7 Minutes LISTEN WHEREVER…