Podcast Episode 58 – Jeanine Tesori
If you read Jeanine Tesori’s list of credits, you might think they were the credits of five different composers, the subjects and the sounds are so diverse.
From Thoroughly Modern Millie to Caroline, or Change to Shrek to Fun Home . . . there ain’t nuthin’ she can’t write. And nuthin’ she can’t write incredibly well.
It makes me wonder what’s next???
But before we get to her next show, listen in to this week’s podcast to hear how she got to write her shows, as well as . . .
- Why her collaborations could make a helluva bat mitzvah.
- What googling baby armadillos has to do with how she writes a song.
- Why story is more important than plot when deciding to write a musical.
- Why her favorite song was one she didn’t think would last longer than a few previews.
- Her perspective on being a woman Writer on Broadway and how to encourage more to get in the game.
Oh, and during this podcast, you’ll hear some great stories about the preview period of Thoroughly Modern Millie. After you’re done listening to Jeanine, make sure you tune in to hear Producer Hal Luftig and Producer Kristin Caskey (who’s also behind Fun Home) tell their versions of the same dramatic tale.
Enjoy the podcast!
Click above to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Click here to read the transcript!
ESTIMATED LISTENING TIME OF THIS EPISODE: 9 Minutes LISTEN…
ESTIMATED LISTENING TIME OF THIS EPISODE: 10 Minutes LISTEN…
ESTIMATED LISTENING TIME OF THIS EPISODE: 5 Minutes LISTEN…
ESTIMATED LISTENING TIME OF THIS EPISODE: 7 Minutes LISTEN WHEREVER…