Web Developer – Roundabout Theatre Company
WHO: Roundabout Theater Company
SEEKING: Roundabout Theatre Company—one of the country’s leading not-for-profit theatres—is seeking a Web Developer to oversee technical maintenance and day-to-day operation of www.roundabouttheatre.org, a new CMS-driven, content-rich, ASP.NET website and eCommerce platform; and archive.roundabouttheatre.org, home of Roundabout’s digital archives.
The website, which was recently launched in December of 2011, is deeply integrated with Tessitura, Roundabout’s enterprise customer relationship management database and ticketing system.
The Web Developer will report to the Director of Information Technology and will work very closely with the Web Producer, who oversees content for the site.
• Responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving website bugs and issues as they arise
• Work with departments throughout the institution to specify and then develop new functionality and features for the website
• With assistance from internal resources and the Tessitura Network (third-party application vendor), develop a full understanding of Tessitura and it’s Web API
• Support legacy ColdFusion eCommerce platforms
• Support archive.roundabouttheatre.org, Roundabout’s online archive, built on the LAMP technologies
• Manage code deployment of builds to staging and production environments as needed, ensuring maximum website uptime and enforcing best-practices regarding back-up procedures and roll-back plans
• Serve as technical advisor for third-party technology contractors when necessary
• Perform unit tests, regression tests, and volume tests for all changes made internally or by third-party vendors
• Monitor and assist in the analysis of web server logs, and web/eCommerce analytics solutions, specifically Google Analytics
• Manage the communication and aggregation of data between a variety of sources, including: internal departments, such as Ticket Services; third party applications (surveys, online chat), etc.
• Work with IT to monitor and resolve web-related infrastructure issues
• Work with IT to assure maximum website uptime and to build redundancies for systems and resources on which the website relies
• Design, implement, and support middle-tier business objects and components
• Modify or extend existing database systems
• Analyze and document software requirements
• Code high-quality HTML and CSS with accessibility and SEO best-practices in mind, and adhering to web templates and style guides
• 4–5 years experience in supporting and developing for websites
• Experience working with the .NET framework
• Familiarity with SOAP and REST web services
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008, IIS 7.5, DNS, SSL certificates, and firewalls
• Experience with ticketing and fundraising applications, Tessitura preferred
• Experience working with SQL Server databases, SQL, and SSMS preferred
• Experience developing and/or maintaining eCommerce applications, specifically familiarity with OWASP best-practices and PCI compliance requirements
• Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
• 1–3+ years of programming experience with ASP.NET, C#, AJAX, XML, XSL, HTML, CSS, Microsoft SQL Server technologies, PHP, MySQL, and other open source technologies
• Familiarity with Linux preferred
• Strong understanding of release management and version control in a co-development environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with the following applications preferred: Kentico CMS, Collective Access (digital archive management software)
• Working knowledge in most or all of the following methodologies and practices: Design Patterns, Component-Based Design, Test-Driven Development, Refactoring, and Service-Oriented Architecture
• Working knowledge in component, application, framework, and database design and development
• Ability to collaborate effectively in teams and to communicate technology issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to envision broad implications of design decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Degrees in Computer Science a plus, but not required
• Interest in theatre a plus
HOW TO APPLY: Please forward cover letter and resume (word format) to: HR, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 212 -869-8817. Please refer to code WDP3.12.
The theater is a collaborative art form. Even one-person shows…
WHO: Davenport Theatrical Enterprises POSITION: Advertising Sales Manager DESCRIPTION: Davenport Theatrical…
WHO: The New 42nd Street / The New Victory Theater…
WHO: The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey SEEKING: Marketing Associate…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.