[Broadway Grosses w/ 2/5/2023]
SUBJ: [Broadway Grosses w/ 2/5/2023]
The top 10 grossing shows from the week ending in 2/5/2023 include The Phantom of the Opera, Funny Girl, Hamilton, The Lion King, MJ The Musical, Wicked, Moulin Rouge! The Musical, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Aladdin, and & Juliet.
See some quick data points below.
Number of Shows on Broadway: 22
Previous Week: 23
Total Gross: $23,518,702.33
Previous Week: $25,705,039.38
Total Attendance: 195,520
Previous Week: 205,578
Average Capacity: 9,578 (92.47%)
Previous Week: 9,525 (94.04%)
Average Paid Admission: $115.66
Previous Week: $119.96
Check out the individual show grosses for the week ending in February 5, 2023.
- TAKE ME OUT closed on 2/5.
- PICTURES FROM HOME is in previews at Studio 54 and opens on 2/9.
- BETWEEN RIVERSIDE AND CRAZY is simulcasting performances from 1/31 through 2/12. The simulcasts are not included in the figures in this report.
- The matinee of HAMILTON on Weds. 2/1 was an education matinee.
- Teachers Night on Broadway was held at CHICAGO on Thurs. 2/2.
- NYC Broadway Week began on 1/17 and continues through 2/12.
Thanks to the Broadway League for sharing this data.
For more behind-the-scenes of the industry, follow me on Instagram: @kendavenportbway
Broadway, known for its dazzling performances and captivating storytelling, has…
So much has changed in our industry . . ….
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.