[Broadway Grosses w/ 6/4/2023] It’s Tony Awards Week!
The top 10 grossing shows from the week ending in 6/4/2023 include The Lion King, Hamilton, Wicked, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, MJ The Musical, Aladdin, Funny Girl, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Moulin Rouge! The Musical, and & Juliet.
See some quick data points below.
Number of Shows on Broadway: 34
Previous Week: 35
Total Gross: $31,144,236.97
Previous Week: $32,919,241.75
Total Attendance: 263,096
Previous Week: 276,777
Average Capacity: 9,243 (82.94%)
Previous Week: 9,201 (88.12%)
Average Paid Admission: $113.72
Previous Week: $115.08
Check out the individual show grosses for the week ending in June 4, 2023.
- BAD CINDERELLA closed on 6/4.
- GREY HOUSE is in previews at the Lyceum. The opening, planned as 5/30, is being rescheduled.
- ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME is in previews at the Marquis and opens on 6/22.
- There were two capacities for WICKED at the Gershwin Theatre this week. Four performances had 1,807 seats and four performances had 1,926 seats, for a total capacity of 14,932. As this report cannot accommodate both capacities, the figure 1,867 was used.
- Please note that Memorial Day Weekend fell within the week prior (both this season and last season).
Thanks to the Broadway League for sharing this data.
For more behind-the-scenes of the industry, follow me on Instagram: @kendavenportbway
On my morning commute, I scoot past a giant hole…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.