[Broadway Grosses w/ 7/16/2023]
The top 10 grossing shows from the week ending in 7/16/2023 include The Lion King, Hamilton, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Wicked, MJ The Musical, Aladdin, Funny Girl, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parade, and Moulin Rouge! The Musical.
See some quick data points below.
Number of Shows on Broadway: 30
Previous Week: 30
Total Gross: $30,899,310.89
Previous Week: $28,859,590.69
Total Attendance: 254,004
Previous Week: 242,358
Average Capacity: 9,650 (87.83%)
Previous Week: 9,406 (85.68%)
Average Paid Admission: $115.70
Previous Week: $112.46
Check out the individual show grosses for the week ending in July 16, 2023.
- HERE LIES LOVE is in previews at the Broadway and opens on 7/20.
- THE COTTAGE is in previews at the Hayes and opens on 7/24.
- BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MUSICAL is in previews at the Winter Garden and opens on 8/3.
- There were two capacities for JUST FOR US at the Hudson this week. Three performances had 975 seats and four performances had 849 seats, for a total capacity of 6,321. As this report cannot accommodate both capacities, the figure 903 was used.
- PARADE and THE LION KING had a 9-performance week.
Thanks to the Broadway League for sharing this data.
For more behind-the-scenes of the industry, follow me on Instagram: @kendavenportbway
On my morning commute, I scoot past a giant hole…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.