[Broadway Grosses w/ 7/2/2023]
The top 10 grossing shows from the week ending in 7/2/2023 include The Lion King, Hamilton, Wicked, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Aladdin, MJ The Musical, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Funny Girl, Leopoldstadt, and Prima Facie.
See some quick data points below.
Number of Shows on Broadway: 32
Previous Week: 32
Total Gross: $33,509,406.46
Previous Week: $34,004,231.51
Total Attendance: 272,775
Previous Week: 270,206
Average Capacity: 9,309 (88.96%)
Previous Week: 9,359 (89.63%)
Average Paid Admission: $118.63
Previous Week: $121.77
Check out the individual show grosses for the week ending in July 2, 2023.
- JUST FOR US opened at the Hudson on 6/26.
- FAT HAM, LEOPOLDSTADT, PRIMA FACIE, and THE SIGN IN SIDNEY BRUSTEIN’S WINDOW closed on 7/2.
- HERE LIES LOVE is in previews at the Broadway and opens on 7/20.
- BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MUSICAL began previews at the Winter Garden and opens on 8/3.
- There were two capacities for JUST FOR US at the Hudson this week. One performance (opening night) had 975 seats and 6 performances had 849 seats, for a total capacity of 6,069. As this report cannot accommodate both capacities, the figure 867 was used.
Thanks to the Broadway League for sharing this data.
For more behind-the-scenes of the industry, follow me on Instagram: @kendavenportbway
On my morning commute, I scoot past a giant hole…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.