Broadway Grosses w/ 8/6/2023
The top 10 grossing shows from the week ending in 8/6/2023 include The Lion King, Hamilton, Wicked, Funny Girl, Parade, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Aladdin, MJ The Musical, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and Back To The Future: The Musical.
See some quick data points below.
Number of Shows on Broadway: 26
Previous Week: 28
Total Gross: $30,058,627.33
Previous Week: $31,189,129.25
Total Attendance: 230,393
Previous Week: 248,525
Average Capacity: 9,692 (91.12%)
Previous Week: 9,756 (91.09%)
Average Paid Admission: $124.99
Previous Week: $119.44
Check out the individual show grosses for the week ending in August 6, 2023.
- BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MUSICAL opened at the Winter Garden on 8/3.
- PARADE had a 9-performance week and closed on 8/6.
- THE SHARK IS BROKEN is in previews at the Golden and opens on 8/10.
- ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME cancelled 1 performance (Weds. 8/2 evening).
- There were two capacities for WICKED at the Gershwin Theatre this week. Four performances had 1,807 seats and four performances had 1,926 seats, for a total capacity of 14,932. As this report cannot accommodate both capacities, the figure 1,867 was used.
Thanks to the Broadway League for sharing this data.
For more behind-the-scenes of the industry, follow me on Instagram: @kendavenportbway
On my morning commute, I scoot past a giant hole…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.