Broadway Grosses w/ 9/17/2023
The top 10 grossing shows from the week ending in 9/17/2023 include The Lion King, Hamilton, Wicked, MJ The Musical, Aladdin, Moulin Rouge! The Musical, Back To The Future: The Musical, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, A Beautiful Noise: The Neil Diamond Musical, and & Juliet.
See some quick data points below.
Number of Shows on Broadway: 25
Previous Week: 22
Total Gross: $21,640,927.14
Previous Week: $21,334,228.13
Total Attendance: 203,025
Previous Week: 189,965
Average Capacity: 8,917 (90.31%)
Previous Week: 9,658 (88.02%)
Average Paid Admission: $101.79
Previous Week: $107.95
Check out the individual show grosses for the week ending in September 17, 2023.
- PURLIE VICTORIOUS: A NON-CONFEDERATE ROMP THROUGH THE COTTON PATCH is in previews at the Music Box and opens on 9/27.
- MELISSA ETHERIDGE: MY WINDOW began previews at Circle in the Square and opens on 9/28.
- JAJA’S AFRICAN HAIR BRAIDING began previews at the Friedman and opens on 10/3.
- GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! began previews at the Jones and opens on 10/12.
- SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET cancelled 1 performance (Fri. 9/15) due to technical difficulties.
- NYC Broadway Week began on 9/4 and ended on 9/17.
Thanks to the Broadway League for sharing this data.
For more behind-the-scenes of the industry, follow me on Instagram: @kendavenportbway
So much has changed in our industry . . ….
I get it. No one likes to select a seat…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.