Broadway Grosses w/e 10/1/2023
The top 10 grossing shows from the week ending in 10/1/2023 include The Lion King, Hamilton, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Merrily We Roll Along, Wicked, MJ The Musical, Aladdin, Moulin Rouge! The Musical, Back To The Future: The Musical, and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
See some quick data points below.
Number of Shows on Broadway: 26
Previous Week: 26
Total Gross: $23,116,749.10
Previous Week: $22,442,339.10
Total Attendance: 199,458
Previous Week: 198,785
Average Capacity: 9,147 (83.16%)
Previous Week: 9,057 (84.29%)
Average Paid Admission: $110.25
Previous Week: $107.71
Check out the individual show grosses for the week ending in October 1, 2023.
- PURLIE VICTORIOUS: A NON-CONFEDERATE ROMP THROUGH THE COTTON PATCH opened at the Music Box on 9/27.
- MELISSA ETHERIDGE: MY WINDOW opened at Circle in the Square on 9/28.
- JAJA’S AFRICAN HAIR BRAIDING is in previews at the Friedman and opens on 10/3.
- MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG is in previews at the Hudson and opens on 10/10.
- GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! is in previews at the Jones and opens on 10/12.
Thanks to the Broadway League for sharing this data.
For more behind-the-scenes of the industry, follow me on Instagram: @kendavenportbway
So much has changed in our industry . . ….
I get it. No one likes to select a seat…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.