Kids Company Stage Manager – YMCA of Greater New York
WHO: YMCA of Greater New York
SEEKING: The West Side YMCA is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. The Kids Company Stage Manager will assist in the planning and execution of auditions, rehearsals and performance processes at the Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater located at 10 West 64th Street, New York.
• Provide leadership, teaching or instructional ability for youth in theatrical theater.
• Formulate curriculum for year-long program in consultation with Arts Director and Coordinator.
• Lead and oversee other technical teachers/designers/technicians and ensure they stay on schedule with lesson plans/curriculum.
• Stage manage Kids Company shows and benefit concerts.
• Call cues for all shows.
• Liaison between production staff, Y staff and parents.
• Create prompt script, cue book; organize calendar, schedules and rehearsal schedules.
• Collaborate productively, positively and efficiently with Technical Director, Music Director, Choreographer and other creative and productive staff.
• Coordinate with Technical Director to ensure all technical deadlines are met.
• Call, email and communicate with Kids Company members and parents.
• Ensure that all members have completed program and donations and monies have been collected.
• Teach stage management technique to Teen Tech Crew members.
• Organize and maintain room schedule, show materials, member files and paperwork.
• Assist with overseeing the budget.
• Actively participate in all designated meetings, rehearsals and performances.
• High School diploma and several years of dramatic training; Bachelor’s or Master’s preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of the New York Performing Arts Community.
• Understanding of non-profit organizational structure and performance structure and process.
• Experience in teaching youth drama, theater, youth theater, production and stage management. Vast experience in comparable environment.
• Excellent customer service / networking skills.
PAY: $19.00 – $21.00 P/H
HOW TO APPLY: We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with “Kids Company Stage Manager” in the subject line to: email@example.com or to:
West Side YMCA
Attn.: West Side Arts Department
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
The theater is a collaborative art form. Even one-person shows…
Seeking an experienced music director for Vital Theatre Company’s upcoming…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.