Podcast Episode #3 – Broadway General Manager Nina Lannan on managing and more.
I’m one of the fortunate folks who have had the pleasure of working for Broadway GM and Executive Producer Nina Lannan, when I held the Company Manager post on Thoroughly Modern Millie and Gypsy. (In case you didn’t know, Nina is the co-founder of Bespoke Theatricals and has a line of management credits longer than the lines at women’s restroom at intermission that include all sorts of shows from Cats to Mamma Mia! and the upcoming School of Rock.) I learned so much during my few years as her management foot soldier, and I wanted you to get just a sample of what I got every single day, which is why I asked Nina to be the first GM guest on my podcast. And boy did she not disappoint. Listen to the podcast and hear Nina discuss:
- How Cats went more than a million dollars over budget, and couldn’t pay their bills.
- The difference between producing/managing in The West End compared to Broadway.
- The importance of not getting pushed around, even if you make a mistake.
- What super long running show she’s budgeting for a revival right now – that’s right guys, Nina gives us some scoop!
This 30 minute podcast is like a master class in General Management training. Don’t miss it.Click here to listen . . . and don’t forget to subscribe!
Download it here.
Read the transcript here.
P.S. If there’s a certain profession that you’d like to hear from on an upcoming podcast, email me and let me know!
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Win 2 Tickets to Honeymoon in Vegas! Click here!
– Are you an actor? Or know one that needs a New Year’s boost? Click here for info on the How To Market Yourself as an Actor teleseminar. One night only!!!
– Learn the ins and outs of Broadway Investing on my webinar! One night only – January 21st at 7 PM ET. Click here for more.
We said ‘happy trails’ to Company over the weekend. The…
We said ‘happy trails’ to The Minutes over the weekend….
We said ‘happy trails’ to Paradise Square over the weekend….
Into The Woods began previews at the St. James Theater…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.