Podcast Episode 180 — Two Time Tony Award Winning, Multi-Faceted Musical Guru, Stephen Oremus
Which ONE of these things would mean that you’ve “made it” in our biz?
- You’re from the theater and you’re asked to work on The Academy Awards.
- You win not one, but two Tonys.
- Lady Gaga gives you a shout out during one of her concerts.
Just one of the above would probably make you think, “Ok, I’ve arrived. I’m good. Check please.” Am I right?
Well, what if all THREE of those things happened to you?
Stephen and I chatted about these three career peaks of his, as well as:
- The job of a Musical Director and what makes a good one.
- How working with Lada Gaga differs from working with Stephen Schwartz.
- What makes a “hit” song and how he knows when he’s working on one.
- His role in the creative process.
- The frustrating thing about long-running shows on Broadway.
Click here for my podcast with Stephen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review while you’re there!)
Download it here.
On Sunday, December 4th, the 3 remaining original queens in…
Tomorrow, November 24th at 9am, A Beautiful Noise: The Neil…
In the week ending in 11/13/2022, there were 15 shows…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.