Podcast Episode 196: Actor, Writer, and all around Awesome Inspiration, Susan Blackwell
Seeing [Title of Show] in its early days is one of the top 10 theater-going experiences of my life. It was so obvious that those four funny folks were living their best lives on that stage, as they played themselves trying to make a musical.
I knew all of the performers . . . except one. Susan Blackwell. She didn’t have a ton of musical credits. And her take on life, love and the pursuit of musical theater was a little different than the others.
But by the end of her signature number, “Die Vampire Die,” I just wanted to hang out with her . . . all the time.
Took me a little bit until our paths crossed, but cross they did . . . and with a microphone in front of us!
And lucky you, you now get to e-hang out with her by listening to this podcast, where we talk about:
- Finding the time to pursue your dream, while working your day job . . . like literally while your boss is standing over your desk as you work on lyrics!
- What “dollar-cost-averaging” has to do with a career in the theater.
- Life of a freelance artist and how she structures her day for success.
- Why being a multi-hyphenate and focusing on many things is important to her, and should be to you too.
- How did [Title of Show] happen – and what’s it like now watching people play her!
Tune in and enjoy this inspiring artrepreneurial episode and when you’re done, turn that dial over to Susan’s new podcast (created with her wonder twin, Laura Camien), The Spark File, which is now live!
- Click here to listen on our site!
- Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review while you’re there!)
- Download it here.
This week’s #SongwriterOfTheWeek is Jacinth Greywoode (@j.greywoode on soundcloud)! Check out “Myrtle’s Lament” at the end of this episode (music by Jacinth and lyrics by Rebecca Hart). If you enjoyed the outro music in this episode, go on over to www.jacinthgreywoode.com/ for more tunes.
No matter where you are in life . . . whether you are just starting out and need a kick start, or you have already achieved a certain level of success and want more, or you’ve been slacking lately (we’ve all been there) and need to get back on track . . . you’ve decided to take your life, your dreams, and your destiny into your own hands . . . literally . . . with this journal. Start your 90-day journey today, visit: http://www.actionjournalforartists.com/