Podcast Episode 64 – Two Time Tony Award-Winning Broadway Producer, Robyn Goodman
I was an only child. I got used to doing a lot of things by myself.
So partnering with someone, personally or on a project, can be a little daunting for someone like me.
Thank goodness my first partner was this week’s guest, the Tony Award-Winning Broadway Producer of Avenue Q, Cinderella, In the Heights and so many more.
Robyn was the perfect partner, joining me on Altar Boyz “just when I needed her most” (as the song goes), and helped me guide it to Off-Broadway and its five year run.
In this week’s podcast, Robyn talks about producing partnerships (including her very successful ones with Co-Producers Kevin McCollum and Jeffrey Seller) and a bunch more including:
- How she (literally) survived her first producing project. (Wait until you hear what the Playwright wanted to do to her.)
- How she convinced the Writers of Avenue Q to skip the screen and take the show to the stage . . . and to let her be the one to help.
- The delicate art of giving notes to Authors (and let me tell you – Robyn is a master of this!).
- What she does when a show doesn’t work.
- What it’s like being a powerful female Producer in the “old boys’ club” of Broadway.
If you’re lucky enough to get the chance to work with Robyn, I highly recommend it. If not, get the next best thing by listening to her advice here.
(And next week, as I announce at the end of this week’s podcast, hear from one of the super famous Writers that Robyn helped discover . . . listen now to find out who!)Click here to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Get everything you need to help get your show off the ground when you join TheProducersPerspectivePro for free. Join the club today.
– Want to learn the dollars and cents of Broadway Investing? Sign up for my Webinar on Wednesday, March 23rd at 8PM ET! Click here.
On my morning commute, I scoot past a giant hole…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.