Podcast Episode 98 – The Wunderkind Tony Nominated Broadway Director, Alex Timbers
It was just a bunch of baseball hats.
But I saw brilliance.
The baseball hats were part of the concept for Gutenberg! The Musical! , the first show I ever saw that Alex Timbers directed. And I remember scrambling through my Off Broadway faux Playbill to find out who this guy was because I knew he was going places.
And oh the places he went, and the places he is going.
But what I’ve found the most interesting is the entrepreneurial way he got on the most-sought-after-directors-list, that has him helming upcoming marquee titles like Moulin Rouge! and Beetlejuice.
It’s a lesson for all the directors, writers (Alex does that too), restaurant owners . . . and even guys who invent new printing presses like Gutenberg.
Tune into this, our 98th podcast, to hear talk about his experimental beginnings and . . .
- Why most new theater companies never make it past the first year, and how he made sure his did.
- How a log line of a project helps him decide to do it . . . or not.
- What a right-wing Christian preacher has to do with his success.
- What’s going to become of the “immersive” movement.
- How he matches up the people he wants to work with, with the projects he’s working on (or how The Robber Bridegroom came to be).
Alex is one of those people that proves to me once again, that it takes more than just artistic talent to make it in this, or in any, business. It takes an innate knowledge of how a business works, and the entrepreneurial spirit to figure out how to make it work for you.
Listen to the podcast, and let him help you get on the right path to wherever you want to go.
Click here to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Listen to Podcast Episode 97 with Three Time Tony-Winning Director, Jack O’Brien! Click here.
– Get everything you need to help get your show off the ground when you join TheProducersPerspectivePro for free. Join the club today.
Tomorrow, November 24th at 9am, A Beautiful Noise: The Neil…
In the week ending in 11/13/2022, there were 15 shows…
The top 10 grossing shows from the week ending in…
Kimberly Akimbo and KPOP have both started performances on Broadway…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.