Agent Assistant – Abrams Artists Agency
WHO: Abrams Artists Agency
POSITION: Agent Assistant
DESCRIPTION: Agent in the Literary Division of a New York Theatrical Agency specializing in the representation of playwrights, composers, lyricists, directors, choreographers and designers for Broadway, Off-Broadway, opera and international productions, as well as film and television, seeks a well-rounded Administrative Assistant, with at least two years work experience. This is an ideal position for someone with prior experience in the business side of theatre.
General office responsibilities include: All administrative and support tasks, with access to negotiations, contracts, and client services.
• Knowledge and interest of the theatre community
• Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
• Computer literate (Microsoft Word and internet research)
• Excellent writing and verbal skills, including a professional phone manner
• The ability to multi-task
• The ability to conduct business under occasional stressful circumstances
• Must be able to prioritize and shift focus as priorities change
• Must have a sense of humor, a thick skin and a willingness to approach any task with a positive attitude
• Self motivated and able to work effectively as an individual
• College degree is required
It is essential that the candidate is able to join several agents and assistants in the division and work as part of a team. This position has an excellent opportunity for growth. The salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, a current resume stating your salary requirements and a list of at least three professional references to Jennifer.Toth@abramsartny.com.
Include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject field.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.