Box Office Manager – Signature Theatre
WHO: Signature Theatre
POSITION: Box Office Manager
DESCRIPTION: Signature Theatre seeks a box office manager to oversee all ticketing, subscriptions and front line customer service. Overseeing a team of 1 assistant manager and 4 full- and part-time box office associates, the manager creates a ticket office experience which provides the best customer care for theater donors, guests and visitors. The box office manager works closely with the guest services manager, the food and beverage manager and the marketing team to create a seamless positive experience from first-touch through post-event for all audiences. The box office manager reports to the Director of Marketing and Sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervising and evaluating performance all box office employees.
• Responsible for creating an environment that runs smoothly and ensures guest satisfaction with their ticketing experience.
• Use ticketing database (currently Ticketmaster/Archtics) to set up performances, allocate seating, set up special offers, and control inventory for maximum customer service and revenue potential.
• Responsible for Signature’s critical subscription campaign strategies, sales and fulfillment in a process where timing and accuracy is critical.
• Work closely with production and front of house to ensure integrity of seating maps and patrons experience from their seats.
• Responsible for maintaining all regularly scheduled ticketing and sales and promotions tracking reports.
• Work as part of the marketing and development teams to create and train box office associates on upcoming sales campaigns anticipating guests’ responses.
• Work closely with the guest experience trifecta in the marketing department – box office, front of house, café – to ensure Signature’s guests experience while on site is second to none.
• Act as Signature’s primary liaison with secondary ticket outlets.
• Supervising the Box Office associates’ group sales and grass outreach campaigns.
• Responsible for reconciling financial reports and ticketing transactions with the business office.
• Liaising with marketing team and development department to ensure that correct ticketing information and box office policies are communicated correctly to guests, donors and media.
• Acting as main point of contact for subscribers and single ticket buyers for customer service with ticketing issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
• 2+ years’ experience managing box office/sales/customer service teams.
• Knowledge of theater.
• Authoritative, confident and assertive leader.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and ticketing systems – Archtics and Ticketmaster a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
40 hours per week, including weekends and some evenings.
COMPENSATION: Please submit salary requirement range with application. This full-time position includes excellent benefits, including vacation, health, dental, vision and other benefits.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: Satisfactory achievement in this job will include patron satisfaction, meeting/exceeding sales goals, accuracy in reporting, error-free use of the ticketing system, performance of box office team and working well with Signature staff.
To Apply: Signature is looking to fill this position quickly, For consideration, please forward a resume, cover letter with salary requirement in confidence, as soon as possible, to: email@example.com.
Signature Theatre is an equal opportunity employer
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.