Box Office Manager / Subscriptions Supervisor – Theatre For A New Audience
WHO: Theatre For A New Audience
POSITION TITLE: Box Office Manager / Subscriptions Supervisor
DESCRIPTION: Theatre for a New Audience, an award-winning Off-Broadway classical theatre company, seeks an experienced Box Office Manager/Subscriptions Supervisor. Will work closely with General Manager and Marketing Director to launch Theatre for a New Audience’s own 299-seat flexible and versatile performance space opening in 2013 in the Downtown Brooklyn Cultural District and will be responsible for setting up and running its box office within authorized schedules/budgets.
Administering all aspects of box office operations, including: Processing all subscription orders including subscriber exchanges and daily phone inquiries; liaise with OvationTix, including interfacing with their sales staff and weekly settlements; window and phone sales; daily accounting; ticket order fulfillment for internal, rental and special events; running box office reports for internal, rental and special events; hiring, training and supervising box office staff, as needed; working closely with House Manager, Facilities Manager and Marketing Director on internal, rental and special events.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• At least three years’ box office experience; at least one year in a managerial position; experience with OvationTix preferred.
• Strong customer relations
• Strong organizational, management, accounting and administrative skills
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patrons and a broad range of people across the organization
• Detail-oriented and thorough in all aspects of her/ his work
• Excellent IT skills including experience of Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Friendly, energetic
• Strong manager, motivating and inspiring his/her staff to perform to the best of its abilities
• Must work long non-traditional hours including nights and weekends
• Knowledge of ADA and other federal regulations
• Comfort with working for an ever-changing and growing organization and contributing ideas for its improvement
• Communicates directly and sensitively and is able to facilitate diverse groups of stakeholders in working towards common goals.
• Ability to work within a team environment with limited supervision
• Committed, assertive and self-driven individual
• Must be able to coordinate several activities at once, and quickly analyze and resolve specific problems
• An open mind to new ways of working and a sympathetic approach to people working under pressure in an artistic environment
• Experience opening a new theatre space in NYC desired, but not required
Start date: April 1; competitive salary, plus health benefits
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with BOX OFFICE MANAGER in the subject line. Emails only, please. TFANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.