Equity Audition Monitor – Actor’s Equity Association
WHO: Actor’s Equity Association
POSITION: Actor’s Equity Association
DESCRIPTION: Actors’ Equity Association, the labor union representing over 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers working in the professional theatre nationwide, is seeking responsible and friendly individuals to serve as part-time Audition Monitors for its New York offices with a focus on providing a high-quality and organized audition experience. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with actors, casting personnel, and others in order to facilitate the smooth running of Equity auditions
• Ensure that all rules governing audition procedures are followed
• Manage lists of those auditioning at both the Equity Audition Center and other venues
• Represent Equity at auditions and calmly and courteously enforce rules as necessary
• Arrive for work promptly to begin calls on time
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
• Excellent customer services and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to problem-solve and stay focused in a fast paces environment
• Must be comfortable speaking publicly and interacting with varied personalities
• Ability to learn and retain complex rules governing auditions
• Knowledge and experience in theatre a plus
• $8.25 per hour part-time casual employment with a maximum of 15 – 20 hours per week, as needed
• Work hours generally occur between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend hours
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Actors’ Equity Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keep your show organized with the Theatermaker's fool-proof management system
Improve your success rate for getting produced with daily strategy tips.Send me the system
As TheaterMakers get back to work, are you looking for a place to work?
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Guess what Broadway show is next to be filmed?
Annnnnnnd we got another one! Come From Away becomes the second…
Take The “Take Charge of your ’21” Challenge with me and these super TheaterMakers!
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
Need something done? Hire one of these TheaterMakers.
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
[UPDATED 2022] Are you a TheaterMaker with a Side Hustle? Let us help your hustle.
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
[REMINDER] 10 Days until Apps Due for the Dr. Kenny Encouragement Fund Scholarships
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.