Finance Associate – The Public Theater
WHO: The Public Theater
POSITION: Finance Associate
DESCRIPTION: The Finance Department of the Public Theater seeks a finance administrator to work as part of a seven-member team. The position’s main responsibility is accounts payable supporting a $28M operating budget. S/he will also act as primary liaison between the various departments and its vendors, facilitating communication and the timely reconciliation of accounts.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Accounts Payable
o Maintain master vendor list
o Review invoices for accuracy
o Enter invoices into accounting system
o With Controller, prioritize weekly check run
o Process 200+ checks per week.
• Liaison with each department’s staff member responsible for Finance to communicate financial policies and procedures; help understand the chart of accounts and coding; and deal with invoice/vendor issues.
• Support the Controller with annual audit, month-end accounting close, purchasing, mail room and special projects.
• Corporate credit card activity
o Prepare bi-weekly statements for cardholders
o Ensure cardholders submit reports in a timely manner
• Petty Cash
o Manage the Finance department’s petty cash.
o Reconcile and support Box Office cash needs
• Bank reconciliation of payroll account
• Prepare annual tax-related reports including 1099s, 1096 and 1042.
• Perform general administration for the department including general filing and document retention and company-wide office supply purchasing.
• Other Finance-related duties as needed.
• College graduate
• 1-2 years of experience with nonprofit in an administrative or bookkeeping function
• Good Communication Skills (written and verbal) are required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office systems, especially Excel
• Knowledge of general accounting principals
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Preferred experience with: Theater Administration; Accounts Payable Processing; Accounting Software (especially Financial Edge), Tessitura and Online Banking
The Public Theater is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is based on skills, capability, and experience, without discrimination based on age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter, three references and salary requirements to Liz Sharp, Human Resources Director firstname.lastname@example.org . No telephone calls please.
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.