WHO: Gingold Theatrical Group.
SEEKING: The General Manager Position.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The GM is responsible for ensuring that the tasks are properly carried out, however some of the tasks below may be delegated to staff or contractors where appropriate and as resources permit. This is for a part time 20-25 hours a week position.
• Set and manage the organization’s operating budget and project budgets
• Maintain financial management systems (paper and electronic files and accounts)
• Work with Artistic Director & Accountant to prepare annual financial audits
• Prepare reports for Accountants for tax filings
• Work with Artistic Director & Accountant to protect GTG’s charitable status by ensuring compliance with appropriate government charities regulations
• Manage payroll and accounts payable and receivable
• Reconcile all banking
• Prepare invoices and provide receipts
• Prepare checks when needed
Administration & General
• Manage office staff, interns and volunteers
• Attend Board meetings as required, create meeting agendas with Artistic Director, Development Consultant
• Take Board minutes and prepare them for review
• Maintain files (paper and electronic) on all company activities
• Oversee the planning, installation, and maintenance of all computer systems and software
• Prepare press kits
• Liaise with Board of Directors and Artistic Council as needed
• Work with Development Consultant to help prepare all grant applications and follow-up reports, including budgets, with input from Artistic Director
• Work with Development Consultant and Artistic Director to develop fundraising plans/ideas
• Assist in cultivating and maintaining volunteer base
• Oversee maintenance of Supporter Database
• General communication with vendors, staff, volunteers, interns, and audience
• Oversee maintenance of website, advertisements and other e-communications
• Oversee website re-design and updates
Facilities and Events Management
• Assist Artistic Director in the planning, implementation and evaluation of local GTG events
• Assist Artistic Director to manage logistics of special presentations and fundraising events
• Make sure that all necessary items are packed and ready for the performance
• Attend each monthly Project Shaw reading, oversee front of house and volunteers
• Greet and assist in any patron / audience needs at performances
• BA in Theatre Management or related field
• Minimum of three years experience in accounting, cash management, and budgeting;
• Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel) and QuickBooks;
• Experience in Foundation and Government grant preparation and implementation
• Mac operating systems;
• Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work in a faced-paced, collaborative environment.
PAY: weekly fee
HOW TO APPLY: To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and references with "General Manager Search" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theater is a collaborative art form. Even one-person shows…
WHO: Davenport Theatrical Enterprises POSITION: Advertising Sales Manager DESCRIPTION: Davenport Theatrical…
WHO: The New 42nd Street / The New Victory Theater…
WHO: The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey SEEKING: Marketing Associate…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.