Literary Associate – Signature Theatre Company
WHO: Signature Theatre Company
POSITION: Literary Associate
DESCRIPTION: Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a LITERARY ASSOCIATE to provide support for all Literary Department activity, including season planning, production dramaturgy, supplemental programming, and the production of Signature’s publications and lobby displays. Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre exists to honor and celebrate the playwright, producing seven to nine productions annually; and, in 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. Signature recently opened The Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience, and benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, FSA and 401(k) plans.
The Literary Associate reports directly to the Literary Director and helps to supervise the Literary Fellow and Literary Intern.
• Providing season planning support, including play and production coverage, and contributing to the playwright selection process
• Writing and copy-editing for Signature’s magazine, Signature Stories, and other printed and digital collateral
• Writing and copy-editing for Signature’s lobby touchscreens
• Creating and editing content for Signature’s dramaturgical lobby displays
• Moderating talkbacks and helping to produce other supplemental programming, including panel discussions and Signature Book Club
• Collaborating with Development and Marketing on interdepartmental projects
• Production Dramaturgy for one play per production cycle
Candidates must be highly organized, detail-orientated, and possess several years of related experience, preferably in a literary office at a non-profit theatre company. Candidates must possess a high comfort level interacting with artists and audience, as well as a collaborative spirit.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skill in production dramaturgy and literary management, knowledge of contemporary playwrights, and a strong aptitude for writing.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume, with references, to email@example.com. Please type LITERARY ASSOCIATE in the subject line.
EOE. No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org.
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.