Management Assistant – New York City Center
WHO: New York City Center
POSITION: Management Assistant
DESCRIPTION: New York City Center, home of the Fall for Dance Festival, Encores!, and Encores! Off-Center, seeks a Management Assistant to aid in all programming and management aspects of the NYCC Executive office.
Responsibilities will encompass theater, dance, and general administration. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Assist the Encores! General Management Associate and the Manager of Dance Programs with all administrative tasks related to the Encores! series, Encores! Off-Center, the Fall for Dance Festival, and other New York City Center productions, including:
• Drafting and processing contracts and payments
• Creating and maintaining databases of production and artistic personnel
• Coordinating and fulfilling artist ticket requests for the Fall for Dance Festival and other City Center productions as needed
• Corresponding with talent agents and dance companies
• Proofing program copy
• Managing the stage door lists as needed
• Other important aspects of artistic production.
Assist with the coordination and fulfillment of industry house seat orders for NYCC programming, including the Fall for Dance Festival, Encores!, Encores! Off-Center, and the Annual Gala.
Administrative/Executive Assistant duties:
• Assist the President & CEO and the Senior Vice President & Managing Director of NYCC as needed, including scheduling appointments, calendar maintenance, answering phones, and drafting correspondence.
• Process administrative and production-related invoices; maintain diligent records of expenses.
• Assist with the coordination and distribution of meeting materials to NYCC’s Board of Directors.
• Filing, faxing, copying, and other general administrative duties as needed.
Applicant should have excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to keep track of multiple details on varying projects. Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook is required. One – two years’ experience in General/Company Management preferred. Experience with Tessitura a plus. Sense of humor a must.
To Apply: Position is full time and starts ASAP. Excellent benefits package. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.