Master Carpenter/Technical Director – The Play Group Theatre
WHO: The Play Group Theatre
SEEKING: Master Carpenter/Technical Director
RESPONSIBILITIES: We are seeking applicants who possess imagination, flexibility and the desire to work with children and teenagers of varied ages in a creatively charged and artistically demanding, yet nurturing environment. Applicants must be prepared to work as a member of a strong creative team, and to work quickly towards the end goal, while still giving focus to the artistic process. The ideal candidate is not afraid to get dirty or climb tall ladders, can lift at least 50 pounds and possesses grace and a sense of humor under pressure.
· Interpreting floorplans/draftings
· Building sets and properties for summer MainStage production
· Overseeing technical needs for summer MainStage production
· Overseeing scenic/technical needs for summer StudioStage productions
· Supervising junior staff and interns
· Ensuring a safe, clean and organized workspace
· Ensuring the safety of actors, staff and audience members regarding scenery, props, special effects and backstage spaces in both the MainStage and StudioStage theatres
· Attending all necessary meetings and participating in camp-wide events
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should possess a BA or BFA in technical theatre or equivalent experience and should have at least 2-3 years experience as TD or ATD. Applicants must possess a mastery of carpentry skills, a working knowledge of construction, shop safety and project management and should have experience in a supervisory position.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a letter of interest and resume to Jill Abusch, Artistic Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.