Podcast Episode 173 – Broadway Dance Arranger and More, David Chase
Like Beetlejuice, David Chase has appeared.
His name had been uttered at least three times by so many of my previous podcast guests that I had to have him on.
And as you’ll hear in this podcast, he didn’t disappoint.
David sits in a very unique musical position on Broadway shows, getting a view into the creation of scores from a vantage point that few get to see. And in addition to being the #1 Dance Arranger on Broadway, he’s also an Orchestra Supervisor and more.
Listen to hear David talk about . . .
- Why Composers don’t have to read or write music to compose a show.
- What does a Dance Arranger actually do anyway?
- How the modern musical has changed over the years and where he thinks it’s headed.
- How he made a name for himself in a niche that no one knew much about.
- One of the most common things that derails a show.
Enjoy this musical masterclass!
Give it a great review while you’re there!
Click here for my podcast with David!
Listen to it on iTunes here.
Download it here.
Broadway, known for its dazzling performances and captivating storytelling, has…
So much has changed in our industry . . ….
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.