Publicity Coordinator – Paper Mill Playhouse
WHO: Paper Mill Playhouse
POSITION: Publicity Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Press and Public Relations, the Publicity Coordinator aids the Press/Public Relations and Marketing departments with all aspects of organizational publicity and community relations. Primary responsibilities include: writing press releases, pitching stories, coordinating interviews, archiving clips, setting up press events, creating press packets, managing the press database and photo library, providing members of the media with show related material, content creation for Paper Mill’s website, assist with the theater’s social media campaigns and serve as ‘Company Manager’ to the Paper Mill Playhouse Broadway Show Choir. The Publicity Coordinator works closely with the Director of Press and Public Relations to create and carry out a production and institutional media plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Director of Press and Public Relations with all aspects of Paper Mill Playhouse publicity.
• Create and maintain Paper Mill Playhouse archives including, but not limited to; press clips, photo database, patron correspondence, Show Choir content and video.
• Work closely with the Director of Press and Public Relations to create and carry out a production and institutional media plan.
• Assist in obtaining features for Paper Mill Playhouse mainstage productions and education programs by pitching stories, coordinating interviews and executing press events.
• Manage press and public relations events both in New Jersey and New York City.
• Write press releases and media alerts for the organization.
• Develop and assemble press kits.
• Create press clipping packets for production casts and creative teams.
• Coordinate department mailings.
• Manage Paper Mill Playhouse’s press database, photo library and video archives.
• Assist members of the press and internal staff with press materials, photo and video needs and patron correspondence.
• Create social media initiatives as directed by theater management.
• Serve as Company Manager for the Paper Mill Playhouse Broadway Show Choir. This includes coordinating student and staff schedules, reserving rehearsal space, booking performances, coordinating technical aspects of performances, arranging transportation, attending each performance (including evenings and weekends) and assisting Show Choir staff.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Press and Public Relations.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent formal educational experience
• At least one year public relations and/or press experience
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience in stage management, company management or group coordination preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and the ability to learn related programs.
• Experience in Adobe Photoshop, video editing and social networking a plus
This is a full-time position that requires moderate evening and weekend hours. Applicant should be a team player with a positive attitude who can handle an intense work flow. Superb organizational skills are required. The position begins with an entry-level salary, a competitive benefits package and accumulated vacation time. Paper Mill Playhouse is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit regional theatres.
To Apply: Please email or fax cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirement to:
Shayne Austin Miller, Director of Press and Public Relations, Paper Mill Playhouse
Applications must include a minimum salary requirement to be considered. No calls please.
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.