Social Media Coordinator – The Pekoe Group
WHO: The Pekoe Group
POSITION: Social Media Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: The Pekoe Group is a full-service boutique marketing and advertising agency in New York City. We provide innovative and effective campaigns for commercial theatre productions, nonprofit theatre institutions, as well as several cultural institutions. We continue to move this dynamic industry forward by generating new ideas and implementing the most current and relevant tactics in all aspects of marketing & advertising. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual to join our team as Social Media Coordinator.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for theatre, must be very detailed-oriented with excellent organization, communication (both written and oral), and interpersonal skills. Must also possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
The Social Media Coordinator will help moderate and inspire promotional communications via company specific Internet-based applications to encourage the exchange of user-generated content. He/She will manage the social media elements to foster interaction, education, engagement and discussion regarding the company’s brand and clients’ projects through the use of online communities. The Social Media Coordinator will manage, update and enhance creative efforts and social media efforts via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media channels.
What you’ll do:
· Oversee websites
· Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends
· Disseminate the above information to the appropriate internal departments
· Monitor and participate in online conversations via posts to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
· Author blog posts, articles, podcasts, and videos to creatively communicate projects
· Monitor media channels on a daily basis or as needed for content issues
· Develop and execute initiatives to drive member-generated content, increase community participation and add value to the online community experience
· Identify and drive opportunities for intersecting online community features with potential partners
· Provide tracking and metrics to communicate community activity to internal and external clients
· Assist in coordinating special events as necessary
Who you are: The following talents strongly contribute to the success of an individual in this position.
· Achiever – People here have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction and pride in being busy and productive.
· Activator – People here can make things happen by turning thoughts into action.
· Command – People here have presence. They can take control of a situation and make decisions.
· Focus – People here can take a direction, follow through, and make corrections necessary to stay on track. They prioritize, then act.
· Self Assurance – People here feel confident in their ability to manage their own lives. They possess an inner compass that gives them confidence that their decisions are right.
What you’ll need:
· An understanding of the social media universe including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Instagram, Pinterest, bookmarking sites (StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit), Flickr, forums, Wikis, blogs, etc.
· Possession of strong computer/internet skills
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment
· Ability to excel at research, possession of excellent writing skills and the ability to create editorial and technical writing output quickly
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
· Dedication to blogging, microblogging (i.e. Twitter) and use of Facebook
· An understanding of the power of feed marketing (i.e. RSS)
· Demonstration of creativity and documented immersion in social media
· Demonstration of the ability to map out a marketing strategy and then drive that strategy
· Experience in sourcing and managing content development and publishing
· Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side, and the ability to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
· Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously-both internal and external-in a dynamic fast-paced environment
· Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content
· Knowledge of search engine optimization basics, including basic keyword research
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
· Eagerness to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
· Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
· Ability to communicate results to management in a fast paced environment
· Knowledge and understanding of market trends
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Minimum of 1 year digital or communications experience desired
· Maintenance of a personal mix of expertise in social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Instagram, Pinterest, bookmarking sites (StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit), Flickr, forums,Wikis, blogs, etc.
Entry-level theater salary plus health and dental insurance. Free tickets to shows, inclusion in events and a fun and intense working environment.
To Apply: Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to SocialMediaTPG@gmail.com with the subject line “Social Media Coordinator.” No phone calls or visits, please.
To learn more about The Pekoe Group, visit our website at www.ThePekoeGroup.com
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.