The Most Produced High School Shows of 2021.
Like most TheaterMakers, I got started in “the biz” early on. . . and on stage.
I got to fall in love with so many shows, many of which are still being produced today.
And if you’ve read this blog before, you know I’ve come to love the concrete data that makes up our industry. Which is why I look forward to EdTA’s yearly recap of the most produced high school shows of the year.
Here are the most produced Musicals of 2021:
- The Addams Family
- You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown
- The Theory of Relativity
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Little Women
- (A tie!) Disney’s High School Musical and Little Shop of Horrors
- (Another tie!) Bright Star, Into The Woods, and Disney’s The Little Mermaid
And the most produced Plays:
- Almost, Maine
- It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- She Kills Monsters
- A Christmas Carol
- The Laramie Project
- The Brothers Grimm
- Alice in Wonderland
- (A tie!) Our Town, Peter and the Starcatcher, Puffs, Radium Girls, Twelfth Night, Vintage Hitchcock: A Live Radio Play
And bonus! The most produced Short Plays of 2021:
- Check Please
- Help Desk: A Stay-at-Home Play
- (A tie!) 10 Ways to Survive Life in a Quarantine (One-Act): A Stay-at-Home Play and The Internet is Distract-Oh Look a Kitten!
- Bad Auditions by Bad Actors
- The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- (Another tie!) Game of Tiaras (One-Act), Our Place, Scenes from a Quarantine, The Audition, and This is a Test
What do you think of this list? Are there any surprises? Have you been in one – or multiple – of these shows? Let me know in the comments.
When I was twenty, I was afraid to meet new…
A week ago I got an email from Michael Brennan. …
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.