Ticket and Subscriber Services Manager – Second Stage Theatre
WHO: Second Stage Theatre
POSITION: Ticket and Subscriber Services Manager
DESCRIPTION: Second Stage Theatre, one of Off-Broadway’s largest and most celebrated subscriber based theatres, is seeking a Ticket and Subscriber Services Manager. This individual will manage an active, Off-Broadway box office. Second Stage Theatre produces six shows annually. The Box Office is busy year-round selling subscriptions and tickets and maintaining contact with subscribers throughout the season. Box Office and management experience are required. Strong customer service is absolutely essential. This is a full time, salaried position which may include several nights, weekends and holidays (dependent on production schedule).
As our Box Office is transitioning from ProVenue to Tessitura ticketing software, a familiarity with either (especially Tessitura) is highly preferred and experience with system/database migrations is a definite plus, although not required.
Management responsibilities include:
• Supervising Assistant Box Office Manager and all part-time sales Staff
• Hiring and overseeing the training of new box office staff
• Providing ongoing feedback and training to current staff
• Facilitating communication with Development Department to acknowledge donations
• Coordinating with Front-of-House staff to ensure patron safety and comfort
Sales duties associated with this position, include:
• Programming all performances, subscription packages, and pricing into the ticketing system, currently ProVenue Max, eventually Tessitura
• Working directly with tickets.com to ensure that all online ticket sales are programmed properly and functioning correctly on the web
• Monitoring sales and sales trends and making recommendations to Marketing Dept
• Interacting with patrons and subscribers; responding to all feedback, issues and complaints
• Selling individual tickets, subscription packages, group tickets, and booking subscriber tickets
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: developing and maintaining Box Office Reconciliations, End of Day Reports and Wraps; creating and maintaining sales reports; sending subscribers confirmations and newsletters; providing General Management with weekly box office statements; updating communications with the public via the company phone system; and creating sales customized reports as requested.
Applicant should be reliable and punctual with a positive outlook. Other qualities the applicant should possess include: an interest in a career in theatre and a willingness to grow with the company; an honest and trustworthy nature; the instinct to go the extra mile; extremely sharp computer and customer service skills; a confidence and competence in math and problem solving skills; meticulous organizational skills and excellent time management.
Full benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, FSA and 401(k) plan included. Second Stage Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to TICKET & SUBSCRIBER SERVICES MANAGER SEARCH, SECOND STAGE THEATRE, 305 W 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036, e-mail jobs@2ST.com, fax 212-397-7066. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.