Business Assistant – Signature Theatre
WHO: Signature Theatre
POSITION: Business Assistant
DESCRIPTION: Signature Theatre is currently seeking a highly detail oriented individual to assist the Business and HR Manager with data entry, reporting and reconciliation within a $7 million operating budget.
Responsibilities would be as follows:
• Daily entry of A/P, cash disbursements, credit card purchases and petty cash reconciliations. Vendor balance and inter-department reconciliations.
• Entry of daily A/R including sales from box office, store, bar, ads, education program income etc.
• Cash receipts on a daily basis: make change for banks; entry of all deposits daily, cash deposits at the bank as needed
• Reconciliation of all bank and credit card statements
• General maintenance of office space and office supplies per the budget.
• Manage and maintain the AP/AR filing system, keeping everything filed and orderly on a continual basis.
• Some clerical HR functions as needed.
Must be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently in a very busy office with a good attitude. This position will be working with all departments to help maintain effective, timely and accurate financial reporting. Some additional hours necessary during audit, year-end, committee meetings or for special events. Knowledge of QuickBooks and basic bookkeeping highly recommended, knowledge of Archtics (Ticketmaster) is a plus.
This is a great entry-level, full-time position for those seeking a career in theatre management and or non-profit financial management. Signature offers a competitive benefits package including medical plan, dental, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal time.
To Apply: Please send resume, letter of interest and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
The theater is (almost) back! That means, if you’re a…
Let’s agree on two things. 1. This year is going…
TheaterMakers wear lots of hats. Unfortunately, our favorite hat has…
Since the Theater biz is so up and down, most TheaterMakers…
Yesterday, I wrote a post to the recently graduated seniors…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.