It’s our 3rd Annual 10 Minute Play Contest! You can win $500!
Were you inspired by the Tonys? Did it make you want to get out and audition for something? Produce something?
Or . . . drumroll please . . . write something?
Have we got that something for you!
Believe it or not, this is our third year of our 10 Minute Play Contest, and it couldn’t have come soon enough. We talk about this sucker all year long! It’s by far one of our favorite events.
What’s great about a 10 minute play is that anyone can write one. Doesn’t matter if you’re an actor, a producer or a veterinarian who specializes in tropical hamster diseases . . . you can write a 10 minute play (huh – you know what’s funny – a hamster vet’s office is a pretty interesting place to set a 10 minute play).
Writing and Producing, and even Acting, are such long term games. Sometimes it takes a lot of training and a lot of years before you can finish something and get it up on its feet. That’s why the 10 Minute Play Contest is so much fun and a steroid shot to you longer goal seekers. It gives you a deadline, and when you finish, it will give you a sense of completion. And if you’re lucky enough to be a finalist, you’ll see your work on its feet!
And get this, you could win $500!
Here’s how it works:
- Write a 10 minute play (or musical or play with music or play-ical or whatever).
- Submit it to us by July 6th (You’ve got almost 4 whole weeks! You could write 16 ten minute plays in that time!)
- Sit back and wait for us to announce the finalists on July 14th.
- Come and watch us pick the winner on July 31st! And hopefully it’ll be you and you’ll collect your $500!
For a full list of instructions and fine print and all the scoop on where to submit your 10 minute play and more, click here.
And then get writing. No excuses. Including if you’re not a writer. I promise you, you can sneeze out a 10 minute play. And then, poof, you’re a writer.
So get crackin’ and good luck!!!
Enter the 10 Minute Play contest here.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – –
-Want to improve your Audition game? Sign up for my upcoming How to Nail Your Audition Workshop on June 16. Click Here.
– Sign up to be the first to know when my new book, “Raise it! How To Raise Millions For Your Show” will be released! And save 10%. Click here.
– Win 2 Tickets to Our New Girl at The Atlantic Theater Company. Click here.
– Take the Tony Awards Satisfaction Survey here!
It’s no secret that the Broadway market is competitive. With…
The theater has a significant disadvantage compared to other businesses…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.