And the finalists for the Second Annual Davenport Songwriting Contest are . . .
Hundreds entered. Only ten remain.
This is . . . The Davenport Songwriting Games!
This is it. The day we announce the ten finalists in my Second Annual Songwriting Contest. Each of the ten finalists below take home $50, and get a chance to win $500 at the live event on Thursday April 30th.
So who are the lucky ten???
Here we go . . . in no particular order.
- “See The World” – Music and Lyrics by Scott Wilkinson
- “I Don’t Wanna Be Friends” – Music and Lyrics by Josh Kight
- “Sublet My Heart” – Music and Lyrics by Brandon Sturiale
- “People Like Me” – Music by Daniel Lincoln and Lyrics by Michael DiGaetano
- “Gone” – Music and Lyrics by Jean Ann Garrish
- “Strut” – Music by Trevor Bachman and Lyrics by Alex Rubin
- “Musical in My Bedroom” – Music and Lyrics by Jeffery Lyle Segal
- “Run Right Out” – Music and Lyrics by Zoe Sarnak
- “Landslide” – Music and Lyrics by Blake Pfeil
- “What The Hell’s Happened To This Whore?” – Music and Lyrics by Eli Pasic
Congratulations to all this crew, which happens to have an average age that equals millennial. And that’s awesome. Because it means on that on April 30th, we’re going to get a glimpse of the future of the American Musical Theater.
Want to see and hear what they have to sing? Come to the show and watch us give $500 to one of ’em. Click here to get tickets.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
Broadway, known for its dazzling performances and captivating storytelling, has…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.