[Broadway Grosses w/ 7/23/2023]
The top 10 grossing shows from the week ending in 7/23/2023 include The Lion King, Wicked, Hamilton, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, MJ The Musical, Aladdin, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Back To The Future: The Musical, Funny Girl, and Parade.
See some quick data points below.
Number of Shows on Broadway: 30
Previous Week: 30
Total Gross: $31,520,593.16
Previous Week: $30,899,310.89
Total Attendance: 257,204
Previous Week: 254,004
Average Capacity: 9,621 (89.54%)
Previous Week: 9,650 (87.83%)
Average Paid Admission: $117.63
Previous Week: $115.70
Check out the individual show grosses for the week ending in July 23, 2023.
- HERE LIES LOVE opened at the Broadway on 7/20.
- CAMELOT, LIFE OF PI, and PETER PAN GOES WRONG closed on 7/23.
- THE COTTAGE is in previews at the Hayes and opens on 7/24.
- BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MUSICAL is in previews at the Winter Garden and opens on 8/3.
- There were two capacities for WICKED at the Gershwin Theatre this week. Four performances had 1,807 seats and four performances had 1,926 seats, for a total capacity of 14,932. As this report cannot accommodate both capacities, the figure 1,867 was used.
Thanks to the Broadway League for sharing this data.
For more behind-the-scenes of the industry, follow me on Instagram: @kendavenportbway
On my morning commute, I scoot past a giant hole…
Ken created one of the first Broadway podcasts, recording over 250 episodes over 7 years. It features interviews with A-listers in the theater about how they “made it”, including 2 Pulitzer Prize Winners, 7 Academy Award Winners and 76 Tony Award winners. Notable guests include Pasek & Paul, Kenny Leon, Lynn Ahrens and more.